This indoor event will allow athletes of all levels to stay fit all year long, without the environmental constraints that would prevent you from staying in shape.
EVENT DATES: November 16, 2014; and December 14, 2014
WOMEN'S ONLY START: 5:00pm and 5:30pm
MEN'S START: 6:00pm
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS PER START TIME: 6
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 24
$15 TO PARTICIPATE; FREE PARTICIPATION FOR MEMBERS
The 'race' is broken down into three segments, totaling 1 hour of race time:
- 20 minutes in the pool
- 20 minutes on the indoor bikes (spinners with distance measurements, upright expressos or recumbent bikes)
- 20 minutes on the treadmills
Transition times are ‘fixed’ at 10 minutes between swim and bike segments (to go to the locker rooms to change) and 5 minutes between bike and run; these ‘transition’ periods are NOT counted towards the 1 hour of the race.
The results of the event will be based on distance.
- There will be 6-8 swimmers in the pool at a time; 2-3 per lane
- Swimmers will begin at the same time
- The head ‘ref’ will use a whistle to mark the start and stop time
- There will NOT be a diving start
- Freestyle swim or breaststroke only; no walking in pool
- Swimmers who make it half way across the pool will be given ½ a credit of a lap
- Swim caps are a must, but no wetsuits, fins, hand paddles, gloves etc. will be permitted
- Bring your own goggles
- No street shoes are allowed on pool deck
- Bike resistance is dependent on the rider
- Adjustments to seat height and handlebars can be made during this transition period (after the swim and locker room change)
- You must report your mileage to the bike monitor before you transition
- Two water bottles are allowed on bikes
- Bike shoes are allowed but not your own bike pedals
- All runs will be on the treadmills
- Running shoes and running attire are required
- Each participant signs up for an approximate start time.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your first ‘heat’ begins.
- Towels should be brought by participants to be used during and after the event.
- All participants must lock their ‘stuff’ in lockers (must bring your own lock).
- You may bring your own iPods; however, you must be able to hear your surroundings.
- If any issues occur during this event, the coordinator for that segment will resolve the situation at any given time.
- No food will be permitted on the pool deck, locker rooms, or fitness areas; ONLY in hallway outside of fitness center.
For more information:
Race Director: Lisa Bruskin
LBruskin@RiverdaleY.org – (718) 548-8200, ext. 241