When you donate to the Riverdale Y, you support programming and services for everyone in the community — from children to the elderly, and families facing financial difficulties.
By giving generously, you help the Y continue its work, rooted in Jewish values, to:
• Provide a home-away-from-home for the more than 300 children who count on the Y daily to provide a safe and nurturing space after school.
• Create the foundation of a quality education for children in our Early Childhood Center.
• Serve more than 100 seniors a hot, nutritious lunch on a daily basis, and provide them with programming that stimulates them physically, intellectually and socially.
• Offer a Social Adult Day Program for frail seniors suffering from Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
• Support hundreds of families with scholarships which help children attend our after-school, camp and performing arts programs.
The Riverdale YM-YWHA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law.
Make a Difference Through a Gift to The Riverdale Y
There are many ways in which you can help to enhance the lives of people in our community through a gift to the Riverdale Y. Contributions can be made for the general purposes of the Y and/or in support of specific programs and services. Gifts to the Riverdale Y are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Honor thy mother, father, friends, children...
A gift of any amount, to the Riverdale Y, can be made in honor of:
- new baby
- bar/bat mitzvah
- #Giving Tuesday
You will receive a confirmation in the mail of each gift you make to the Y's Tribute Fund, and a card will be sent notifying your honoree of your gift.
Tribute Fund donation envelopes are available in the Y's Development Office or by calling Marilyn Raider at 347.913.4421.
Here are some of the other ways to make a contribution to your community center's work:
- Donations of cash or securities.
- Planned gifts. The Y can work with you and your financial advisors to tailor plans to help meet your charitable objectives while enhancing your financial security and reducing income, capital gains and estate tax burdens.
- Bequests. It is easy to create or change a Will to leave a portion of your estate or a fixed dollar amount to the Riverdale Y in order to continue your charitable work after you are gone.
- Endowment Funds. In consultation with the Y's attorney, you can create a permanently endowed fund in your own name, or in honor/memory of, someone you love.
- Tribute Fund. Contribute to the Riverdale Y's Tribute Fund when you want to congratulate someone, pay your respects or express wishes for a quick recovery. The Y sends an attractive card acknowledging your donation to the person you designate.
- Gifts to existing funds. You can designate a gift to be added to the principal of a fund or funds which are already established at the Riverdale Y including. See below for a list of funds.
Make a Difference Through a Gift to the Riverdale Y
A gift to the Y honors the past, supports the present and helps plan for the future. Contributions to the Y can be for general use or in support of specific programs. A gift to the Y is tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Consider a gift to the Y using one of these vehicles:
The Sarah Lily Fund for Adoption Provides financial support for Jewish families being formed through adoption.
Arts and Humanities
The Solomon K. Blumenkranz Endowment Fund for the Performing Arts
The Alfred W. Bressler and Minnie Bressler Fund Supports the Bressler Lecture Program.
The David Froehlich Memorial Fund Provides scholarships for musically talented and motivated youth.
The Dr. Emanuel Saxe Fund aids Arts and Humanities programs.
The Yetta Schorr Memorial Fund enables needy older adults to enjoy Riverdale Y cultural programs.
Children and Youth
The Sylvia Jacobs Endowment helps to underwrite programs for children.
The Adam Marcus Fund contributes to the maintenance of the Y’s Adam Marcus Playground.
General Purposes of the Y
Health and Wellness
The Henry and Lucy Moses Health and Rehabilitation Program
Jewish Education Endowment helps underwrite Jewish education, Jewish identity building and outreach programs.
The Harvey and Jayne Beker Fund for Jewish Education
The Chaim and Yael Dubno Fund for Jewish Education
The Ruth and Ted Mirvis Fund for Jewish Education
The Murray Rubin Fund for Jewish Education
The Morris Sopher Fund for Jewish Education
The John and Nancy Wolff Fund for Jewish Education
The Ralph Akselrad Endowment Fund for Jewish Education
The OTA (Old Timers Association) Fund Helps provide membership scholarships.
The Alfred Bressler Memorial Fund
The Mathilda Cuneo Fund
The Benjamin Neuwirth Fund
The Florence and Marvin Kern Fund
All gifts to the Y are gratefully acknowledged.
To add to or create an endowment, or to discuss the naming of portions of our facilities or Riverdale Y programs, please call Marilyn Raider at 347.913.4421.
All gifts to the Y are gratefully acknowledged.
Leave a Legacy to Your Community
Have you remembered your Jewish community center in your will? A bequest to the Riverdale Y will support our Jewish community for generations to come. For information, please contact your financial advisor or call Marilyn Raider at 347.913.4421.
The Riverdale Y is now participating in SchoolPop.com, a fundraising program which helps schools earn cash rebates when supporters shop online! And it costs you nothing!
1. Go to SchoolPop.com
2. Select Riverdale YM-YWHA Nursery School as “your school”
3. Start shopping! You’ll find all kinds of great stuff at SchoolPop.com
Merchants such as JC Penney, Barnes & Noble, Lands’ End, L.L. Bean and more.
While there's no cost to you, the Y’s Nursery School gets a percentage (up to 20%!) of every purchase you make. The prices you pay are the same as on each store’s regular website.
So just by purchasing things you regularly use — clothing, CDs, books, groceries, and more — you will support the Riverdale Y Nursery School. Spread the word — let grandparents, friends, and neighbors know about
SchoolPop.com and ask them to select “Riverdale YM-YWHA Nursery School”.