"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank
at Riverdale Kingsbridge Academy (MS/HS 141)
Independence Ave. & W 237th St.
EVERY SUNDAY, 4/22 – 12/2
9:00am – 2:00pm
The Riverdale Y is host to a destination farmer’s market every week, right here in our community. Find an abundance of fresh, locally grown or produced food – dairy, eggs, produce, meat, baked goods, jams and honeys, and more – every Sunday in May through November, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., at Riverdale Kingsbridge Academy (corner of Independence Avenue and West 237th Street). This family-friendly seasonal market is a community gathering place, ideal for shopping and socializing, featuring kids’ activities, music and lots of fun. The market fosters a direct connection between local consumers and small-scale farmers and food producers in our area. Riverdale Y members receive a 10% discount with most vendors.
List of Vendors (2017)
- Anthi’s Greek Foods- Hot dishes, salads, dips and pastries
- Arlotta Food Studios Olive Oil- Kosher and Organic
- Doc Pickle- Kosher pickles, olives and krauts
- Green Tree Textiles- Drop off your used clothing, linens, shoes, etc. for donation and repurposing!
- Gonzalez Farm- No spray vegetables and herbs
- Karl Family Farms Meats- Hormone-free, pastured, pesticide-free, Non-GMO
- Las Delicias Patisserie- Kosher and Organic, Gluten free options available
- Migliorelli Farms- Vegetables and fruits grown using the Integrated Pest Management Technique
- Minnie’s Artisan Jewelry
- Mole, Modern Mexican Cuisine
- Orchards of Concklin- Orchard fruits, corn, tomatoes, quiches and farm style baked goods
- Orwasher’s Bread- Kosher and Organic breads made in the Bronx!
- Playful Event Jewelry- Handmade jewelry crafted by Riverdale resident, Nan Siegmund
- Ronny Brook Farms- Kosher and Organic milks, butters, yogurts, cheeses and ice creams
- The Cheese Guy- Kosher small batch crafted cheeses, jams and crackers
- Wrights Farm- Fruits, jams, eggs, whole chickens and pies