"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." - Anne Frank
at Riverdale Temple 4545 Independence Ave. near W 246th St.
Coming Soon on Sundays
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
The Riverdale Y is host to a destination farmer’s market every week, right here in our community. Find an abundance of fresh, locally grown or produced food – dairy, eggs, produce, meat, baked goods, jams and honeys, and more – every Sunday in May through November, from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, at Riverdale Temple (Independence Avenue at West 246th Street). This family-friendly seasonal market is a community gathering place, ideal for shopping and socializing, featuring kids’ activities, music and lots of fun. The market fosters a direct connection between local consumers and small-scale farmers and food producers in our area. Riverdale Y members receive a 10% discount with most vendors.
Find these vendors at the market weekly or bi-weekly:
- Doc Pickle – Kosher pickles, olives and krauts
- General Cochran Dairy Farm- milk, yogurt, ice cream, meat, poultry, eggs
- Irvington Delight- Jordanian spreads and meals
- Orchards of Concklin – Orchard fruits, corn, tomatoes, quiches and farm style baked goods
- Orwasher’s Bread – Kosher and Organic breads made in the Bronx!
- The Cheese Guy – Kosher small batch crafted cheeses, jams and crackers
- Starting 5/31: Gonzalez Farm – No spray vegetables and herbs
Sign up for our weekly newsletter or check our Facebook page to see when our Occasional Vendors will be in attendance:
- Green Tree Recycling