ELI Talks Application
Call for Submissions: Wandering Jews – Sharing Your Journey
Submissions must be received by 5:30 pm Friday, May 31.
How to Send Us Your Work:
We accept submissions via email. Email your pieces to Rabbi Joseph Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form near the end of this webpage.
Narrative Length and Format
All submissions should be in 12-point type, with at least one-inch margins, and sequentially numbered pages. Each page should be double spaced. The author’s name, address, telephone number, and email address should be typed at the top of the first page. Stories should be between 200 and 800 words. Contributors are also asked to include a brief biographical note with their submissions. Please do not submit book manuscripts, academic essays or reviews.
Candidates will be notified if their work has been accepted by June 30, 2019.
Please submit only one complete story. Multiple submissions will not be read. We are not in a position to comment on each work. Likewise, the Riverdale Y may use submissions for promotional purposes and/or other needs.
If you are accepted as a storyteller, here is what you can expect in terms of commitment:
- Participate in a 90 minute webinar for storytellers in July, facilitated by ELI Talks.
- Participate in 1 hour of individual story coaching facilitated by ELI Talks.
(Both the webinar and coaching are an investment in the speaker, valued at $3000.)
- Timely arrival at Riverdale Y for a quick rehearsal during the cocktail hour of event (Sunday, September 15) .
- Solicit and inviting friends and family to attend the evening.
- Outside of those points, you can expect to spend some time prepping and rehearsing your story independently. This will vary based on your preferences.