L’Dor Va’Dor: Being an Ally and Advocate for Those You LoveThursday, November 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Thursday, November 18 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
L’Dor Va’Dor: Being an Ally and Advocate for Those You Love
Are you a grandparent, auntie, uncle, or another cherished elder of a child or young person who is part of the LGBTQ community? Do you want to learn more about how to celebrate them and show that you love them for who they are?
You’d do anything for these kids to make their path in life smoother. But the issues they’re grappling with, the words and terms they’re using, and the times they’re living in, are new to so many of us.
Join us on Thursday, November 18 at 4 pm for L’Dor Va’Dor*: Being an Ally and Advocate for Those You Love, a fun and informative “LGBTQ 101” session that’s geared towards you! We’ll cover:
- General LGBTQ ideas and terms (including different genders, orientations, and pronouns)
- How to ask questions and navigate conversations in ways that are respectful to the LGBTQ young person in your life
- What to do if you make a mistake (it happens!)
- Ways you can get involved as an advocate and help create a more just and loving world for your grandchild, nibling, or young person
- Plus opportunities to ask questions!
If this isn’t for you but you know someone who would relish the opportunity to learn together with other aunties, uncles, grandparents, and beloved elders, please forward them this email so that they can learn more about how to be there for the child in their life.
We look forward to learning and making change with you for a more inclusive, equitable Jewish community and society.