Director, Marketing & Communications
The Riverdale Y is offering the perfect opportunity for an experienced marketing professional to make a meaningful difference on a local level.
We are looking for a Marketing Director to raise our profile in the community, connect us with the public, and help us communicate with the next generation of participants and donors. At its core, your role is to collaborate with the management team to create successful community marketing initiatives. Our new Marketing Director will help develop, package and promote programs and services, rooted in our core values, to a diverse community of constituents. This position is a unique opportunity for the right individual who is energized by the idea of marketing having a significant impact on community. We are looking for a leader who will inspire the staff team and the local community, and who will be part of the program development process from inception to execution.
If you are looking for an opportunity to give back to your community; to promote educational, cultural, wellness, and service programming for children and adults of all ages; and to apply your talents where you can really see the impact of your efforts, this could be the right position for you.
The ideal candidate will be calm under pressure, set clear expectations, be customer service oriented and will possess a good sense of humor. Ideally, this person will have significant experience working or volunteering in a non-profit, collegial environment, preferably in a community center or Jewish communal organization.
This is a management position reporting directly to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Director of Riverdale Y Marketing & Communications will be fully responsible for the planning and implementation of all marketing and communications strategies. In collaboration with the Program Directors, they will develop and implement marketing plans for all Riverdale Y programs, as well as for the institution as a whole. To successfully fill this role, the Marketing Director must have experience in: planning and executing multi-media marketing and communication strategies; the budgeting process for producing marketing collateral; department system requirements and all other department needs.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Advance the agency brand and positioning.
- Plan and share deliberate promotional campaigns for all major programs. This requires meetings with directors for understanding their unique offerings and target audiences, ensuring all tactics are on schedule, and communicating progress as it happens.
- Track above-mentioned campaigns and prepare reports on the larger ones for directors and leadership on the results of the tactics.
- Train and support all directors with the use of Daxko Engage (CRM system) for communication and retention efforts.
- Regularly assess and improve the communication tools.
- Manage the marketing and advertising budget.
- Participate in event planning for major events.
- Be creative lead in special projects like photo shoots or video production.
- Lead the Marketing Team, including hiring and supervising all members of the Marketing & Communications staff, including part-time or freelance staff.
- At least four years prior experience in marketing and communications (management) ideally in a JCC or other not-for-profit environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write marketing copy creatively and effectively under deadline.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
- Analytical and creative marketing instinct, with a critical and discerning messaging and design sensibility.
- Knowledge of and comfort with new technology and familiarity with best practices of the print and electronic marketing and communications strategies.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing plans for established and new programs.
- Working knowledge of and experience with creative design and online platforms.
- Working knowledge of Jewish holidays, customs and culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree with significant experience.
Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000