Human Resources Director
Plan, direct, and coordinate Riverdale Y human resource management activities to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as personnel policies, regulatory compliance, recruitment, and onboarding/offboarding.
1. Knowledge and Education – Minimum Required or Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree, PHR Certification Preferred
2. Experience – Minimum Required or Preferred: 5 Years Experience in HR Required, with at least 2 years experience as Director preferred.
● Commitment to discretion and confidentiality is a must.
● Strong communication skills including: perceptive listening and observation skills;
● Ability to communicate in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience;
● Ability to verbally convey information effectively.
● Teach and train staff as training pertains to human resources, payroll and timekeeping, staffing needs, personnel issues, team leadership, and legal issues.
● Knowledge of federal, state and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations .
● Systems management and organizational skills within the HR realm: Systems include those of payroll; benefits; performance tracking, management, and evaluation; compliance; Worker’s compensation; legal; and records management, and systematic onboarding and offboarding processes.
● Computer skills, including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point proficient. ADP or similar software experience helpful.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policy, and helping resolve work-related problems.
● Organize recruitment and onboarding/offboarding
● Manage compensation and benefits policies
● Maintain employee records
● Maintain union-required records and comply with requirements for union
● Manage employee pension contributions and provide monthly payroll reports to pension provider
● Monitor sick and vacation leave
● Assist employees with payroll software
● Assist staff accountant with payroll reports
● Maintain and update employee handbook as needed.
● Be up-to-date with organizational and regulatory policy matters such as equal employment opportunity, discrimination, and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
● Perform difficult staffing-related duties, refereeing disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
● Organize, direct, control or coordinate the personnel and human resources related training activities of the JCC.
● Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages and employee benefits.
● Assist payroll with payroll processes and procedures;.
● All other duties as assigned.
Grant/Government contract administration:
● Manage government contracts – application, reports, reimbursements
● Maintain up-to-date insurance policies
● Maintain compliance with agency documents
● Navigate state and city websites for grant applications and contract management
● Complete government surveys.
● Keep track of donations
● Send out acknowledgements for donations
● Order office/program supplies
● Office machine maintenance
● Attend board meetings to take minutes