Per session: $40
Reports to: Fitness Director
This position is in person, with some virtual hours available
Under the guidance of the Fitness Director, the staff members provide instruction and encouragement to Y members by listening actively, strengthening relationships, and promoting healthy living with Y members. Responsible to maintain client records and paperwork related to Personal Training, Group Exercise, and the safety of the facility. Minimum requirement of 10 hours per week designated as Fitness Supervisor and/or one class per week as a Group Exercise Instructor to connect with members and build client base (subject to change at the discretion of Fitness Director).
● Embody an outgoing and enthusiastic personality at all times.
● Strong customer service while enforcing all policies and procedures
● Maintain safe and orderly exercise environment for all members
● Deliver instruction of physiologically sound fitness and weight training components, demonstrating the understanding of safe, effective, and progressive exercise programs.
● Identifies unsafe or hazardous exercises and makes corrections or suggests alternate exercises.
● Understand the Fitness program as delivered to Y members and its role in serving a health seeker. Recognize and embrace the connection between the Fitness Department, personal training opportunities, and the Y at large
● Embody sensitivity and patience in dealing with the inactive population which could be intimidated by exercise and workout areas.
● Provides one-on-one, partner, or small group fitness instruction to clients during each session. Assess an individual’s progress and make appropriate changes.
● Maintains appointment scheduler and completes timesheet accurately, tracking client participation and session usage.
● Completes all required paperwork accurately and efficiently as outlined in client file management expectations.
● Responsible for the promotion of personal training within guidelines of the Riverdale Y. Actively participate in additional community-centered programming as needed
● Achieve quarterly sales goals as determined by Fitness Director.
You meet this role and responsibility by:
● Maintaining current CPR/AED, First Aid certifications.
● Being familiar with the Emergency Action Plan for the Facility
● Maintaining a nationally-recognized and accredited personal trainer certification and/or holding a degree in a related field
● Participating in continuing education activities through both internal and external sessions to promote an on-going development of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for personal trainers.
● Adheres to the guidelines for exercise testing and program design as recommended by the American College of Sports Medicine, NSCA, and other reputable organizations.
● Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, and prolonged standing/walking.
● Must be able to lift and/or move up 45+ pounds.