The Riverdale YM-YWHA is looking to hire personal trainers to join our team. If you:
- are available for evening shifts (6-10pm) Monday-Thursday
- are self-motivated
- have knowledge of the human anatomy and the concepts of functional exercise, basic nutrition, and basic exercise science
- have the ability to design individual and group exercise programs tailored to the needs and attainable goals of specific clients
- have the ability to conduct and understand the need and importance of screening and client assessment, initially and progressively
- have the ability to execute individual fitness programs designed in a safe and effective way
- have the desire to help clients reach their health and fitness goals through appropriate cardiovascular, flexibility and resistance exercise
- have the ability to motivate others to improve their overall fitness and health
- have the dedication to maintaining personal integrity and your own health and fitness
want to have a sense of community,
…. this is the perfect job for you.
Education and certifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current CPR
- Certification from one of the following organizations: ACE, NASAM, ACSM, AFAA, AFPA, The Cooper Institute, ISSA, IFP, NCSF, NESTA, NETA, NFPT, or NSCA.
- Physical effort required for daily duties include lifting heavy weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting & prolonged standing and walking.
- Must be able to frequently lift and /or move up to 45+ pounds