The Riverdale Y is offering a wonderful opportunity for a highly-organized and customer service oriented Registrar to support the growth of a key community institution. Our Registrar oversees all program registration for the Riverdale Y, supporting program directors in their registration responsibilities and serving as the point person for registration issues. The Registrar plays a key role in aiding the growth of our membership and programming by working closely and collaboratively with the management team.
The ideal candidate will be extremely well-organized, calm under pressure, customer service oriented, a self-starter, and have a good sense of humor. Ideally, this person will have significant experience in the workings of a JCC or similar community center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handling of issues pertaining to membership, programs and facility in person, over the phone and via email
- Overseeing input of programs, registration, payments and reporting
- Being the primary point of communication with members and program participants
- Serving as the go-to person for customer care contact with the software company
- Database administration, which involves training staff on our membership software, database maintenance and upkeep
- Consulting and assisting program directors in logistical, administrative and financial aspects of programs with a focus on camp, after school and early childhood center
- Assisting finance department personnel with accounting tasks including accounts receivables, reconciling revenue, generating and analyzing reports
- Coordinating with COO and Marketing Director to ensure accurate online and print materials
- Supporting membership director and front desk staff and performing duties as needed
- Performing office tasks including: photocopies, faxes , filing, mail distribution and meter upload, etc.
- Providing administrative support to staff members as needed
- On call to diffuse customer issues when the front desk or other staff need back up
- Trained in and able to perform tasks with Bio Star and Protector Net security softwares as needed
- Maintaining the Agency’s calendar and oversee room reservation and planning
- Serving as Sunday on-site administrator to oversee Sunday activities and programs.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced experience in Excel required
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office applications and Google Docs & Sheets
- Must be eager to learn our Daxko membership software as this is an integral part of our registration process
- Experienced in operating a multi-line phone system
- Calm under pressure, customer service oriented, flexible, and possessing a good sense of humor
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-organized with attention to detail and follow-through
- amiliarity with Jewish holidays, traditions and culture or interest to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the Riverdale Y team.
This is a full-time administrative position reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The Registrar is expected to work a Sunday to Thursday schedule. Benefits include medical, short term disability, life insurance, a flexible spending account, 403b, a pension plan and a commuter benefits plan, as well as membership to the Y.