Senior Center Office Manager
The Riverdale Y’s Senior Center is offering a wonderful opportunity for a highly-organized and diligent Office Manager to handle the bookkeeping and administrative operations of the Center. The Senior Center is an important department of the Riverdale Y, serving up to 1,000 seniors through daily meals, programming, support services and more. The Office Manager plays a key role in ensuring the effective functioning of the department and the necessary support of our senior members.
The ideal candidate will be extremely well-organized, calm under pressure, a self-starter, comfortable interacting with senior volunteers and members, and have a good sense of humor. Ideally, this person will have experience in the workings of a JCC or similar community center.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Monitors the Center’s financial data by accurately maintaining and updating all databases, records, statistics and files
- Orders, tracks and monitors costs for all food and supplies using appropriate agency processes. Costs out inventory and daily food usage. Maintains relationships with vendors and responds to inquiriesPays all invoices; documents and tracks appropriately
- Accounts for, documents, tracks and deposits meal contributions and other incoming funds
Prepares monthly program invoice for submission to the City
- Monitors expenditures, identifying and alerting director of trends and other concerns.
- Maintains and updates Department for the Aging (DFTA) database by ensuring all membership records are updated and entering daily attendance for DFTA funded activities including meals, and reconciling database with signatures/attendance
- Documents and tracks units of service for older adult deliverables running reports as required
- Alerts Director of trends and other concerns.
- Prepares daily labels, monthly newsletter, flyers and menu for distribution
- Maintains updated permits and licenses related to regulatory compliance, kitchen and vehicles, and posts accordingly
- Maintains and monitors equipment inventory
- Fields phone calls and inquiries from members and makes calls when directed
- Oversees volunteer support staff
- Provides technical and administrative support for senior center staff.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced experience in Excel required
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Publisher as well as Google Docs & Sheets
- Experienced in operating a multi-line phone system
- Able to lift up to fifteen pounds without assistance
- Calm under pressure, customer service oriented, flexible, and possessing a good sense of humor
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-organized with attention to detail and follow-through
- Familiarity with Jewish holidays, traditions and culture or interest to learn
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of the Riverdale Y team.
This is a full-time administrative position reporting to the Senior Center Director and the Chief Financial Officer. The Office Manager is expected to work a Monday to Friday schedule with occasional Sunday. Benefits include medical, short term disability, life insurance, a flexible spending account, 403b, a pension plan and a commuter benefits plan, as well as membership to the Y.