Just wanted to say that my mom wanted to express her gratitude for the wonderful meals that were sent to her while I was not able to cook for her due to being in quarantine in another location after traveling. …Once again I wanted to say thank you it is a beautiful thing that you were doing during this difficult time to help or seniors in the community.Cindy
- Census 2020: Fill out your Census form today! Deadline is September 30
For more community events, please check out our community calendar.
- June 25: RJCP Anti-Racism Book Club
- June 11: Conversations about Race
- May 22: Gatherings of 10+
- May 20: Social Distancing
Community Partners’ Events:
- The Kehilah of Riverdale: Daily individual Mincha/Maariv with a communal Mourner’s kaddish from Sunday – Thursday at 6:50 pm
- YIOZ: Daily Mishnah Avot from Sunday – Thursday at 7:15 pm
- The Kehilah of Riverdale: Learn to Lein on Sundays at 10:00 am
- That Bayit: Brunch with Rabbi Brad Hirschfield on Sundays at 10:00 am
- TRM: Weekly Shiur with Rabbi Margulies on Wednesdays at 8:00 pm
- The Kehilah of Riverdale: Weekly Drasha and davening Maariv together on Thursdays at 7:30 pm
- Congregation Tehillah: Friday Shabbat Services on Fridays at 6:30 pm
A Beautiful Thing
In no way isolated
The session on ZOOM was very helpful and I look forward to participating in classes to be announced.
I am both amazed and grateful to the Riverdale Y and the Jewish community of Riverdale for the support they are giving during this critical time. While I am self isolating, I am in no way isolated.
Thank you and stay well.Betty Baumel
You lifted my spirit
I want to thank the Y team for offering online exercise classes. This morning I joined Jad’s class. Please let Jad know that I’m isolated in a little cabin in the Catskills and it was fun seeing her in my living room. As she suggested, I used a combination of household items and weights I brought up from the city. I so enjoyed connecting with her and knowing that other Y members had joined in as well. It gave me a sense of community and lifted my spirit. I cannot imagine how difficult it must be to conduct the class without seeing or hearing us. Please let Jad know that she did a great job – I worked up a sweat and I loved her sense of humor.Dawn