My son loves this league and has come back year after year. He has developed skills and enjoys the game more and more. And we love the diversity of the program and the chance for kids with different backgrounds to come together around the sport.Gail Schorsch
- Sports Menu
Our sports programs and basketball courts remain closed in compliance with state laws. Please check back for updates.
Sports & Athletics
After-school and Sunday sports, league play, drop-in basketball for adults, and racquetball all come together at your community convener, Riverdale Y. Our sports programs focus on building strength, flexibility and coordination in a safe, supportive and fun environment. Pre-schoolers through 9th graders can participate in basketball, baseball, flag football, indoor soccer, karate, team handball, tumbling and gymnastics, and Ultimate Frisbee. Coaches emphasize teamwork and sportsmanship while players build their athletic skills and broaden their athletic self-confidence.Gym Schedule
- Pickleball games will be held in the gymnasium, Monday – Friday, 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm. Four players may play at a time.
- Sessions must be scheduled at the front desk in person or over the phone
- You may schedule dates 1 week in advance for no more than 2 sessions per week. (Please note there may be black out dates for special Y programming)
- You may borrow rackets and pickleballs at the front desk free of charge. You will be required to leave your driver’s license or state identification card at the front desk when borrowing equipment. Your Riverdale Y id will not be considered proper identification.
- All equipment borrowed must be returned to the front desk. You may be charged for equipment that is broken, lost, or stolen.
we love the leagues
Our son has participated in the Stanley Lane Basketball league for 3 years. What is unique about this program is the opportunity to improve his basketball skills in a friendly and low pressure environment. We particularly appreciate the diversity of the players, enabling him to get to know kids form other schools and other backgrounds.Ruthie Simon
Effective Mar 16 - Dec 31, 2020
Our basketball gymnasium is currently closed due to Covid-19.
Continue to check back for any updates.