Come dance with us!
- Dance School Menu
Dance Trial Classes
11:00 am – 11:30 am Hip Hop (ages 6+)
11:00 am – 11:30 am Pre-Ballet (ages 3 – 5)
11:30 am – 12:00 pm Acro (ages 3 – 5)
11:30 am – 12:00 pm Ballet (ages 6+)
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm Jazz (ages 10+)
12:00 pm – 12:30 pm Jazz (ages 6 – 9)
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm Tap (ages 10+)
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm Pre-Ballet (ages 3 – 5)
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Teen Fit (ages 10+)
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Move and Groove (ages 3 – 5)
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm Acro (ages 6+)
1:30 pm – 2:00 pm Ballet (ages 10+)
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm Pre-Ballet (ages 3 – 5)
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Move and Groove (ages 3 – 5)
4:30 pm – 5:00 pm Mommy and Me (ages 2+)
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm Mommy and Me (ages 2+)
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm Pre-Ballet (ages 3 – 5)
4:30 pm – 5:00 pm Move and Groove (ages 3 – 5)
5:00 pm – 5:30 pm Tap (ages 5 – 9)
5:30 pm – 6:00 pm Jazz (ages 6+)
6:00 pm – 6:30 pm Ballet (ages 6+)
Can’t stop the feeling? Keep it going with a dance class at The Riverdale Y, where people of every age and skill level can experience the joy of movement. Choose from acro, hip hop, tap/jazz, move & groove, and ballet (through pre-pointe). Kids as young as three can explore dance in specially designed tap, ballet and jazz classes. Our faculty is filled with working artists, devoted to excellence and creativity and to inspiring the same in their students. Our spring dance concert offers students the opportunity to perform in our state-of-the-art Riverdale Y Theater.
Key for the schedule below:
- A- ages 3-6
- B- Ages 7-9
- C- Ages 10+ or by teacher approval
Dance School Schedule
11:00 am – 11:45 am Hip Hop B w/ Travis
11:45 am – 12:30 pm Hip Hop C w/ Travis
3:30 pm – 4:15 pm Pre-Ballet A w/ Jessie
4:15 pm – 5:00 pm Move and Groove A w/ Jessie
5:00 pm – 5:45 pm Teen Fitness w/ Jessie
5:45 pm – 6:30 pm Jazz C w/ Jessie
6:30 pm – 7:15 pm Tap C w/ Jessie
3:30 pm – 4:15 pm Acro A
4:15 pm – 5:00 pm Acro B
5:45 pm – 6:30 pm Acro C
3:30 pm – 4:15 pm Move and Groove A w/ Karin
4:15 pm – 5:00 pm Jazz B w/ Karin
5:00 pm – 5:45 pm Tap C w/ Karin
3:30 pm – 4:15 pm Mommy and Me A w/ Lauren
4:15 pm – 5:00 pm Ballet B w/ Lauren
5:00 pm – 5:45 pm Ballet C w/ Mary Lyn
The arts have the power to transform people and communities. There has never been a better time in our country to have an outlet for discovery of your own self-expression. The Riverdale Performing Arts Center is home to vibrant performances and professional training. We nurture passion for theater, music and dance in people of all ages and skill levels.
Building upon the strength of our thriving programs, we have added some incredible theater arts professionals who are not only working Actors, Directors, Dancers and Musicians, but a faculty committed to bringing professional training to those who want to keenly develop their performing skills or to provide an atmosphere of joy and camaraderie to those who simply want to have fun!
New This Year:
- All participants in Jr. Rising Stars and Rising Stars will receive individual evaluations and class recommendations from our faculty, based on our Fall Audition Process.
- All Jr. Rising Stars and Rising Stars will be taking a Theater Dance class as part of their rehearsal process
- The formation of THE TROUPE, our new traveling performance group. The Troupe will be selected from among our Theater, Dance & Music School students. We will create 30-45 minute revues with both original music/dance as well as featured songs from Broadway musicals. The Troupe will be available to entertain at area hospitals, senior centers, street fairs, community gatherings, special political events or wherever they can brighten someone’s day!
- New music classes that include Vocal Ensembles, Beats & Buckets, Group Guitar, Womans’ Choral Group celebrating music of the 1960s & 1970s.
- Focus in the music department in Voice, Drumming & all Orchestra Instruments, in addition to Piano, Violin & Guitar
- Acting Classes in Film/Television, Improv, Commercials, Scene Study, Stage Acting Basics –highlighted by Guest Artists who will offer Master Classes that will culminate in auditions for Casting & Talent Agents.
We remain dedicated to bringing quality performances to the Bronx. We are tremendously excited about the season ahead and what these new enrichment opportunities will bring to our community. This array of Performing Arts classes for children of all ages AND adults promises to raise our award-winning program to another level.
One of a kind
I just want to say thank you (Laurie) for being you! In all the years and all the groups I’ve worked with, I have never found someone so dedicated to the people and the process.RRS Alumnus theater
to the RRS team
You have touched my life in ways that you can not possibly comprehend, and for that I thank you. And thank you times infinity.RRS Participant
Not just a teacher, but a friend.
Laurie….I have learned and grown so much under your instruction and teaching. But even more than that, you have been such an incredible mentor in my life. You haven’t been just a director; you have been a friend. Your tireless devotion to RRS and to all of us has moved and impacted me so much….No one else could take a bunch of immature, obnoxious kids and turn them into graceful adults the way you have.Participant theater