My kids have been in Kids space going on 10 years now. I love and trust the counselors, and appreciate the breadth of the classes, which keep getting better and better every year.Tracy Fitzpatrick Kids space
Kid’s Space at the Y
- Kid’s Space Menu
To register, please contact Sam Sullivan at SSullivan@RiverdaleY.org or (347) 913-4972
Kid’s Space @ The Riverdale Y
Kid’s Space provides a seamless end to your child’s day. We offer a healthy, kosher snack; homework assistance with NY State Certified teachers; and a range of enrichment activities, all in a supportive and community-oriented setting led by professionally-trained staff.
- Door-to-door transportation from school to the Y.
- Access to The Y’s expansive facilities including two outdoor play spaces, heated indoor pool, gymnasium, theater, and more.
- A choice of enrichment activities, such as STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math), Recreational Swim, Musical Theater, Sports, Lego Robotics, Fine Arts, Chess, Cooking, Martial Arts and more.
- Special programming for Kindergarteners.
- Staff escort for participants registered in instructional swim, dance, private music lessons, and other Y programs.
Enrichment at the Y
Kid’s Space provides transportation from 10 local schools. Please contact our staff to see if your school is included or whether we can make arrangements from your school.
Kid’s Space runs from September to June on the NYC Public School Calendar and the Riverdale Y agency calendar. Our program begins at school dismissal and runs until 6:30pm.
Free Homework Assistance
The Riverdale Y offers free homework assistance from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm on school days. This is made possible by a local initiative of Councilman Andrew Cohen.
A sense of community
The Y has been a second home to my two children for the past 10 years. My teenage daughter and 9 year-old son have attended afterschool and summer camp programs since kindergarten. Through the years the staff have gone out of their way to know, understand, and develop a genuinely caring relationship with my children. It is comforting to know your children are in a safe and secure environment.Barbara Vargas – Segers
So much to do…
Kid’s Space is well run and professional. The variety of classes offered from art to science and drama, provides enough to keep any child engaged. We are so glad that we had the opportunity to send our daughter to the Y.Devorah Levin