My daughter loves her piano teacher and the relaxed family atmosphere in the music program at the Riverdale Y. We think the level of instruction is top flight too, and her progress has been amazing!Erich Schneiderman Music School
Rhoda Grundman Music School
- Music School Menu
Yes, we are providing instrument and voice training virtually. All you need is your instrument, a quiet space, and desire.
At Riverdale Y, music lessons are so much more than just instrument or voice instruction. Here, students learn discipline and discover how to use their imagination, they grow their self-esteem and their patience, and they emerge with the creative tools that can lift them academically and professionally. Since 1999, the Rhoda Grundman Music School has been dedicated to providing the latest comprehensive and motivational music instruction for all ages, Kindergarteners to adults, and at all skill levels. We offer private instruction in voice, piano, violin, guitar and other instruments, as well as group instruction for piano and duet ensemble for piano, string and wind instruments. Lessons focus on specific skills and on cultivating a lifelong appreciation of the beauty and joy in the musical arts. They are tailored to the individual’s age, ability and pace, ensuring the student moves from success to success. Please be aware of our Music School Attendance Policy.Register for music lessons Register for trial music lessons
My 5 year old’s lesson
New in Riverdale
…the kids had to start over their learning of instruments with new music teachers…Thanks to the Y, we met a great piano and violin teacher in the person of Beulah Cox, a two-in-one musician, a real professional and educator, as I am sure are the rest of the musicians of the Rhoda Grundman Music School.Nathalie
Gabriela’s Piano Lessons
My daughter (almost 9) has been taking piano, at Riverdale Y, since she was 4 1/2 years old. She’s learned so much, so quickly and she really enjoys it. I can’t imagine her going anyplace else. I think with Svitlana, it all starts with the sweet sound to her classically trained voice.Kelvin (the proud dad)
The arts have the power to transform people and communities. There has never been a better time in our country to have an outlet for discovery of your own self-expression. The Riverdale Performing Arts Center is home to vibrant performances and professional training. We nurture passion for theater, music and dance in people of all ages and skill levels.
Building upon the strength of our thriving programs, we have added some incredible theater arts professionals who are not only working Actors, Directors, Dancers and Musicians, but a faculty committed to bringing professional training to those who want to keenly develop their performing skills or to provide an atmosphere of joy and camaraderie to those who simply want to have fun!
New This Year:
- All participants in Jr. Rising Stars and Rising Stars will receive individual evaluations and class recommendations from our faculty, based on our Fall Audition Process.
- All Jr. Rising Stars and Rising Stars will be taking a Theater Dance class as part of their rehearsal process
- The formation of THE TROUPE, our new traveling performance group. The Troupe will be selected from among our Theater, Dance & Music School students. We will create 30-45 minute revues with both original music/dance as well as featured songs from Broadway musicals. The Troupe will be available to entertain at area hospitals, senior centers, street fairs, community gatherings, special political events or wherever they can brighten someone’s day!
- New music classes that include Vocal Ensembles, Beats & Buckets, Group Guitar, Womans’ Choral Group celebrating music of the 1960s & 1970s.
- Focus in the music department in Voice, Drumming & all Orchestra Instruments, in addition to Piano, Violin & Guitar
- Acting Classes in Film/Television, Improv, Commercials, Scene Study, Stage Acting Basics –highlighted by Guest Artists who will offer Master Classes that will culminate in auditions for Casting & Talent Agents.
We remain dedicated to bringing quality performances to the Bronx. We are tremendously excited about the season ahead and what these new enrichment opportunities will bring to our community. This array of Performing Arts classes for children of all ages AND adults promises to raise our award-winning program to another level.
Thank you so much for giving me the gift of Rising Stars. I honestly don’t know what I would have spent my time doing during high school if it wasn’t for RRS. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and for the faith you have had in all of us.Participant theater
A place like home
I can not really express what you and this program mean to me. Besides being a wonderful place to grow – both personally and as an actor -it’s been a safe place to be when school was sucky or I just needed to feel at home. Thank you so much for doing what you do.Participant theater
to the RRS team
You have touched my life in ways that you can not possibly comprehend, and for that I thank you. And thank you times infinity.RRS Participant