My daughter loves her piano teacher and the relaxed family atmosphere in the music program at the Riverdale Y. We think the level of instruction is top flight too, and her progress has been amazing!Erich Schneiderman Music School
Rhoda Grundman Music School
- Music School Menu
Yes, we are providing instrument and voice training virtually. All you need is your instrument, a quiet space, and desire.
At Riverdale Y, music lessons are so much more than just instrument or voice instruction. Here, students learn discipline and discover how to use their imagination, they grow their self-esteem and their patience, and they emerge with the creative tools that can lift them academically and professionally. Since 1999, the Rhoda Grundman Music School has been dedicated to providing the latest comprehensive and motivational music instruction for all ages, Kindergarteners to adults, and at all skill levels. We offer private instruction in voice, piano, violin, guitar, and other instruments, as well as group instruction for piano and duet ensemble for piano, string, and wind instruments. Lessons focus on specific skills and on cultivating a lifelong appreciation of the beauty and joy in the musical arts. They are tailored to the individual’s age, ability, and pace, ensuring the student moves from success to success. Please be aware of our Music School Attendance Policy.Register Now
My 5 year old’s lesson
New in Riverdale
…the kids had to start over their learning of instruments with new music teachers…Thanks to the Y, we met a great piano and violin teacher in the person of Beulah Cox, a two-in-one musician, a real professional and educator, as I am sure are the rest of the musicians of the Rhoda Grundman Music School.Nathalie
Gabriela’s Piano Lessons
My daughter (almost 9) has been taking piano, at Riverdale Y, since she was 4 1/2 years old. She’s learned so much, so quickly and she really enjoys it. I can’t imagine her going anyplace else. I think with Svitlana, it all starts with the sweet sound to her classically trained voice.Kelvin (the proud dad)
The arts have the power to transform people and communities. There has never been a better time in our country to have an outlet for discovery of your own self-expression. The Riverdale Performing Arts Center is home to vibrant performances and professional training. We nurture passion for theater, music and dance in people of all ages and skill levels.
Building upon the strength of our thriving programs, we have added some incredible theater arts professionals who are not only working Actors, Directors, Dancers and Musicians, but a faculty committed to bringing professional training to those who want to keenly develop their performing skills or to provide an atmosphere of joy and camaraderie to those who simply want to have fun!
New This Year:
- All participants in Jr. Rising Stars and Rising Stars will receive individual evaluations and class recommendations from our faculty, based on our Fall Audition Process.
- All Jr. Rising Stars and Rising Stars will be taking a Theater Dance class as part of their rehearsal process
- The formation of THE TROUPE, our new traveling performance group. The Troupe will be selected from among our Theater, Dance & Music School students. We will create 30-45 minute revues with both original music/dance as well as featured songs from Broadway musicals. The Troupe will be available to entertain at area hospitals, senior centers, street fairs, community gatherings, special political events or wherever they can brighten someone’s day!
- New music classes that include Vocal Ensembles, Beats & Buckets, Group Guitar, Womans’ Choral Group celebrating music of the 1960s & 1970s.
- Focus in the music department in Voice, Drumming & all Orchestra Instruments, in addition to Piano, Violin & Guitar
- Acting Classes in Film/Television, Improv, Commercials, Scene Study, Stage Acting Basics –highlighted by Guest Artists who will offer Master Classes that will culminate in auditions for Casting & Talent Agents.
We remain dedicated to bringing quality performances to the Bronx. We are tremendously excited about the season ahead and what these new enrichment opportunities will bring to our community. This array of Performing Arts classes for children of all ages AND adults promises to raise our award-winning program to another level.
One of a kind
I just want to say thank you (Laurie) for being you! In all the years and all the groups I’ve worked with, I have never found someone so dedicated to the people and the process.RRS Alumnus theater
Not just a teacher, but a friend.
Laurie….I have learned and grown so much under your instruction and teaching. But even more than that, you have been such an incredible mentor in my life. You haven’t been just a director; you have been a friend. Your tireless devotion to RRS and to all of us has moved and impacted me so much….No one else could take a bunch of immature, obnoxious kids and turn them into graceful adults the way you have.Participant theater
You truly embrace the very nature of community theater and while you along with your cast strive to be the best we can be you never let us forget the true meaning and point behind what we are doing. Your objectives are pure and simple – to bring people together to entertain the community with live theater but more importantly to have a great experience in the process.Participent Theater