Riverdale Performing Arts Center
- Theater Menu
Auditions for Honk, Jr. will be held Sunday, February 28 from 12-4:30pm!
- Please note that auditions will be outdoors (so wear your coats! and masks!)
- You will need to sign up for a time slot. (SEE BELOW) We encourage you to wait in the car with your child until their time. Each audition will be short (so that no one freezes!)
- Sign up below for your audition time.
- Just before auditions, you will receive an email with your exact time slot (that falls within the hour you signed up for.)
- Please have your children prepare the song below. It is called “A Poultry Tale”
- There is one link with the singers (so the children can learn it) and one with just the music, which they can rehearse with. Additionally the link with the singers includes all of the music for Honk, Jr. It would be good for the children to get familiar with the show and the music!
- If you would prefer to send in an audition video – you may do so. It must be sent in BY the in-person audition date of Sunday, February 28. Please send it to Jrrisingstars@riverdaley.org. Filming on your phone is perfectly fine!
- Please know that all rehearsals (and the production) will be held in-person, outdoors.
- We will be following strict safety protocol guidelines from the CDC, DOH & DOE (including Masks at all times, Outdoors Only, Social Distancing, Hand Sanitizers, etc.)
- A reminder that Jr. Rising Stars auditions are open to children ages 7-11 (Grades 2nd through 6th)
If you have any questions, please send them to us at Jrrisingstars@riverdaley.org. We look forward to seeing the children soon!
MUSIC to “A Poultry Tale” (and all HONK, JR recordings): Start at 1:47, End at 2:28
ACCOMPANIMENT MUSIC to “A Poultry Tale”: Start at 1:47, End at 2:28
Audition LYRICS to “A Poultry Tale” (also attached, if you would like to print them out)
What a gorgeous vision this is
It’s Ida, she’s my missus
So forgive me if I’m laying on the smarm
She goes in for heated quacking
To point out the skills I’m lacking
It’s a Poultry Tale – Of folk down on the farm
Come on down and don’t be strangers
In our dockyard of free-rangers
It’s a Poultry Tale
Of folk down on the farm.
Our Audition Process:
- Please arrive five minutes before scheduled time as there will be an information sheet that needs to be filled out. Children should give the sheet to the directors prior to singing.
- Each child will receive an Information Sheet for Parents. Please read it carefully. You will find Rehearsal Information, Production Information, Tuition Information.
Our Safety Protocols include:
- All rehearsals and performances will be held totally outdoors, following safety guidelines issued by the CDC, DOH & DOE.
- Masks at all times (Including during performances),
- Social Distancing
- Hand Sanitizing
- Our performances will allow for a limited number of audience members, placed 6 feet apart on the deck.
Contingency Rehearsal Plans During Inclement Weather:
- If the weather gets bad AFTER we have begun, we will send an email to pick up immediately
- If the weather is stormy or rainy prior to scheduled rehearsal, just plan on a VIRTUAL rehearsal on that day
- Communication is KEY! When there is any questionable weather, please check email with frequency.