- Volunteer Menu
Volunteering at the Y
The Riverdale Y is a robust, community engaging nonprofit that values its volunteers. Hundreds of community members share their talents with us, contributing thousands of hours of time.
Volunteers work alongside staff to embody our universally held values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. They strengthen our community by being determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming. We are truly honored and grateful for each of our volunteers.
Are you looking for a rewarding way to spend your free time? Do you have a love for your community, but you’re not sure how to get involved? The Riverdale Y has many opportunities for you to make an impact. We would love to have you come spend time with us and get to know our organization.
Volunteer at the Y FAQ
What steps do I need to take to become a volunteer?
- Fill out our application. All volunteers must be vaccinated, and must have proof of vaccination. You may attach the proof of vaccination as a PDF, JPEG, or PNG file when applying for a volunteer position. Volunteers ages 14 – 18 must upload their parental consent form. Volunteers who are 13 must have an adult present while they are volunteering. Volunteers under the age of 13 must have their legal guardian present while they perform the tasks.
- Click here to download the Parental Consent Form.
- Go through an interview. A brief chat on the phone or in person assures you are paired with the right role for your heart and time availability.
- Be oriented to the Y’s values, procedures, rules and regulations. The orientation takes about 15 minutes and can be done either in person or virtually.
- Be trained in the role & task by the volunteer lead of that activity.
How much commitment would you like for me to be a volunteer?
There are many ways to volunteer, from small acts of making a phone call to time-intensive projects that may last months. Talk to us about your time availability, and we will pair you with the right opportunity to make a difference.
Can I volunteer from home?
Yes! There are opportunities to do good from home, as well as in person. Please look at our volunteer opportunities, and join us in making an impact.
Can I request a reference or confirmation letter?
Absolutely! We are happy to share your memorable experiences with others! Just tell us what you need.Apply Now